Welcome!

Hi, this blog is an online record of some of the works I have written. I've started off by sharing some of my poetry and I will also be adding short stories, children books and chapters of novels as I complete them. I have a diverse and general interest in all types of writing and hope to one day see one of my works published.
Please feel free to comment on any of the posts as I am eager for feedback. This is the first time I've ever publicly shared anything I've written and so haven't yet heard any oppinions from others- good or bad. I'd love to hear whether you liked or even hated what you read and what you think are the strengths/weaknesses of any of the pieces. Please do not hold back (although please try not to be needlessly hurtfull! Like I say I'm new to this!)
Above anything else I hope to achieve with this blog, I hope that whoever stumbles across it will enjoy reading one if not all of my works.
Thanks,
Jessica Paul.

Monday 8 August 2011

Justice In Tottenham?

One Thursday night and a man’s shot dead.
Rumours are saying he was shot in the head.
The people are outraged so take to the streets;
Shout out their cause at the press that they greet.
“Where’s the justice? We want justice.” They shout.
They want to know how it came about.
Why did he end up cold on the ground?
Why did the police let their gun shots sound?
Then one young girl throws a police-aimed rock
And then like sheep, they turn a violent flock.
“Brehs asking who’s rolling to Tottenham.” Someone tweets.
Others are calling for rage on the streets.
They smash, grab and dash, run riot on the city.
Set fire to buildings, destroy livelihoods; what a pity.
The dead man’s family do not condone it;
The politicians say they don’t like it one bit.
And now the locals are left to say,
“What justice did we get here today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment